Veritas Care of Maine seeks experienced and caring home healthcare workers with certification as a Direct Support Professional (DSP), Personal Service Provider (PSP), or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). Applicants lacking certification, but demonstrating potential, may be considered with the understanding that certification be obtained within 90 days. Applicants also must be available to work daytime, weekend, and evening schedules.
Our home healthcare workers provide caring companionship and assist clients with functions of daily living, medication reminders, meal preparation, light housekeeping, grocery shopping, and other basic needs. They also transport clients for medical appointments, religious services, and additional personal reasons.
In addition, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Experienced in home healthcare or related area with certification as a Direct Support Professional (DSP) or Personal Service Provider (PSP).
- At least 18 years of age with a minimum of a high-school diploma or equivalency.
- Maine Driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Access to an insured reliable vehicle during working hours and willingness to transport clients to medical appointments, shopping, and other personal needs.
- Pass background, criminal, driving history check, and drug test.
- Meet requirements for agency bonding.
- Three references with contact information.
- Commitment to a smoke free/drug free workplace.
- Communicate fluently in English verbally and in writing.
- Have, or upon employment, complete CPR and First Aid certification.
- Physical stamina to work in demanding situations.
- Skilled with safe lifting and moving techniques and capability to assist clients in moving from beds/chairs to wheelchair (Stairs may be involved).
- Work independently and be self-directed in a changing environment.
- Interact professionally and sensitively with clients, residents, staff, and families.
- Reliable and demonstrate good judgement, problem solving skills, and ability to make safe decisions.
- Wear personal protective equipment when necessary to protect from occupational exposure.
- Upon employment, sign a statement agreeing to maintain client confidentiality.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume addressing the above qualifications to: